Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 00:18:17 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 31-Aug-97 Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyra.. by "Timothy
J. Kilgore"_at_mai
> Now most of the fluff supports a benevolent emporer with commanders who
> deply care about all of thier troops, no painting kill or death on the
> armour. I personally like the older characterization of all the forces.

Yup. Much darker universe, much cooler.

> That is also where my pet theories are based on. In this characterization
> Space marines are single minded killing machines, the hatred for chaos, and
> chaos's hatred for them would not go for it.

Hmm. Problem. In the Horus Heresy era, this would certainly be valid.
It was Marine vs. Marine, and one side had betrayed everything the ohter
side believed in. However... in the grittier darker universe where
actual Chaos Daemons exist, Marines (barring actual Grey Knights) are
mindwiped after every time they fight Chaos. So while they might not
like the Chaos Marines, I don't see Space Marines as hating 'em. ^_^

As for Marines being single minded killing machines, I *still* don't buy it.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...