Re: [Epic] The ages of Warhammer was mixing (long)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 00:26:54 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 30-Aug-97 Re: [Epic] The ages of Warh.. by Tyler
Provick_at_intranet.c
> >Interesting... what's your basis for the breakdown between the second
> >and third age? Granted, GW has been concentrating on the Tyranids more
> >than Chaos of late, but the Chaos Codex introduced Abbadon and probably
> >some others, so I really doubt that the Age of the Apostate is over.
>
> It is the Information age,

The information age?

>but some countries are still trying to get
> Industrialized.

Countries? Do you mean planets? If so, no, they don't tend to. All
the Imperium wants off most worlds is people, and some need to provide
food. Any worlds that are on their way to high industry, they'll let it
develop, but it's too hard to try and monitor all the technology on
discovered worlds. Many worlds are, for example, feudal in nature, and
the Imperium doesn't try to change this... it simply contacts the high
leaders on the planet, explains their situation to them, and
periodically shows up with Inquisitors (dressed-down, one assumes) to
look for psykers and gather men for an Imperial Guard reigment.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...