Re: [Epic] Painting Question

From: Julian Wilkinson <king.ginger_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 13:38:13 -0800

PAULO ALEXANDRE CORREIA POMBAL(leic) wrote:

> I have some painted Titans and would like to paint them in new color
> schemes. But, there is a **little** problem. If I paint them over again,
> they'll start loosing some details. Is there anyway of taking the
> paint off? Ah! By the way, they are **plastic** minis, so, petrol based
> solutions just melt them away ( one friend of mine tried it and, well...
> it looked like something the cat dragged in!!!)
>
> Please help me on this one
>
> Paulo Pombal
> pacp_at_...

The way to stip off acrlyic paints is damn easy....

Apply to your miniatures hot water (I mean HOT - not neccesarily
boiling!), and it will eventually peel away, some coaxing maybe needed
to get in out of the cracks, but for that, just use a toothbrush, and
voila, your mini has no paint. Note though, that this will not get rid
of the GW spray primer.

Later

King Ginger