[Epic] Drop Pods

From: <csalvato_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 97 15:47:08

As the subject of Drop Pods has been broached in the INfiltration thread, I've
got a few thoughts on their use.

I am lucky enough to be a 100% e40k player who has managed to fall into a set of
rules and counters from the previos edition(s) of Epic. Thus, I have the
Official Drop Pod Counters (tm), which are basically cardboard chits numbered
1-40. Now, these chits are heavy, compared to the paper shreds that the battles
book reccommends for using with Drop Pods. In the one time that drop pods were
used, we used bits o' paper. When we held the barage template up at 30cm and
flipped, the papers fell in a lump right about where the barrage template was
held. Pretty anti-climactic, if ya ask me. I thought that they should be held
a little higher for drift. I imagine thatthe heavier, cardboard Drop Pod
Counters (tm) would tend to bounce a little more, butfor the most part, I feel
that the 30cm height is a bit un-fun. Anybody with more experience have any
thoughts on this?

Chris