Re: [Epic] Q&A (&Tactics) pages updates

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 13:34:06 -0400

Sean,

Great post, great ideas! I presume this is the 'ablative grey line'
you mention in your battle reports?

I love the detachments and the strategy. I will try it in my next game
as Imperial Guard (I have a small but growing IG army, including a
Leviathan I converted from a Micro Machines Jawa Sandcrawler).

> add Hellhound (2MF) +12 <-- still only 2 morale!

Why would you want it to still be 2 morale? I don't try to design
detachments for the morale, BUT I do feel that being slightly over the
next morale level is better. I used to think differently, here's my
current logic:

Detachment with 2 morale:
Contributes 2 to army morale for purposes of sustaining morale loss.
When you lose it, you lose 1 morale, giving you a net 1 morale gain for
having the detachment (if you haven't lost the morale to blast markers)

Detachment with 3 morale:
Contributes 3 to army morale for purposes of sustaining morale loss.
When you lose it, you lose 2 morale, giving you a net 1 morale gain,
etc....

Point being that your net morale is the same, so why not have the extra
morale for blast markers in case the detachment isn't reduced to half
strength?

3M is a beautifully designed detachment and could do some damage on its
own, but 2M does seem to be the perfect type for the overall cheap
lines strategy.

> Erik - If you want to know more about how Chaos has a hard time
dealing with
> Nightspinners and Swooping Hawks _*Read this article*_ Emil has
covered it
> all.

I'm on my way...

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius