Re: [Epic] Memories ...

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 17:03:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:

[chomp]
> The oldest White Dwarf is I own is somewhere in the 50's and I think I have
> really old one down in the 30's

I've got several that are filled mostly with role-playing articles. Some
of them *gasp* by other game companies. And I'm not even as old as dirt!
I've just been playing silly games since I was 11.

> Here's one to add on two you list of how many know, remember,
>
> How many remember when White Dwarf was not owned by GW?! When it was a good
> gaming magazine not just glorified adverts.
>
> On the subject of annoying GW staff.
[slice]

Yeah, every time I go to a GW store, I feel like chum in a shark tank.
The same guys come over to me with their plastic smiles and their
"do-you-know-about-this-game?" rap. I just calmly explain to them that,
yes, I know about the game, and yes, I know where the miniatures are, and
then I ignore them untill they wander off. And I'm usually considered a
pretty outgoing person.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune