Re: [Epic] Pulsar, vortex, misc. questions

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 12:07:02 +1000 (EST)

>No, I meant: does it knock down UP TO d6 void shields, with the remaining shots
>(if any) worked out against the models armour.

Yep.

>Of course! But what's the answer? Or mor to the point, how do most
>people do it? The reason I ask is because it seems straightforward
>to me: vortex templates do d6 hits, no armour save allowed. It says nothing
>about any *special* rules for void shields, so I would assume that the "hits"
>are treated exactly as ordinary hits - each one knocks down a void shield,
>when all the shields are gone, excess hits are resolved on the model but
>with no armour save.

We play that if the vortex is over the base that the shields are effectively
useless as the vortex is inside. The hits are done straight to the titan. As
the vortex is within the shields, they do no good.

>I don't mind either way, but: why? I know it's supposed "act like a vortex
>missile yadda yadda" but it's not clear to me that that includes scattering.
>(I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just trying to find out if there's any way
>the existing rules can be used to answer this question)

Why wouldn't it scatter? If it acts like a misile, it acts like the misile
rules. Usually the scatter is never enough to move it away from the titan
they are aiming at anyway

>Thanks
>Philip

                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment