Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: Max Maynard-Maloney <dormammu_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:36:42 -0700 (PDT)

> > If you compare them by weight, Ral Partha is far more expensive than GW.
>
> By weight, or by volume? GW likes to stick a lot of plastic
> into their minis... Those 'mechs are quite expensive though, and
> there's only 8 plastic ones. Besides, the Epic Imperial Knights were
> one of GW's best deals as far as weight/dollar goes. Those minis were
> heavy!
> But as far as fantasy miniatures go, they're pretty cheap.
> Goblin Wolf Chariot for $15, and it's clearly more than 1/2 the size
> of GW's, and I think a lot more metal. I think I picked up 6
> Skeletons a while back for WHQuest for about $7.50, less than 1/2 the
> price for more than 1/2 the metal.

I did this experiment almost exclusively with blister figures, not boxed
sets. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate, but it sure surprised me. And I
was comparing straight retail on both companies.

Max

"Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9