Re: [Epic] Epic 30,000 Space Marine Army List Part I (LONG)

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 22:20:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, J. Michael Looney wrote:

> I have most if not all of the stuff on WH40K (RT). I don't recall the Spartan.
> What is it and we will go add it in, no big deal. "Pre 126" covers a lot of
> ground, like 125 issues.

posted seperate. It's a "stretch" LR with more guns, for termie assaults.

didn't make the cut for 2nd ed. WH40k, along with the sabre from WD120,
but more units for heresy era fighting won't be unbalancing.

> Well, mainly because this is the Space Marine mailing list, not the WH40K mailing
> list. If there is a long term rules conflict between Space Marine and WH40K,
> Space Marine wins. On the WH40K list it probably would go the other way.

nah, not allways. most go with the older fluff, as it is a little more
in depth than what has been printed lately. Old fluff(either epic or 40K)
is well respected for source material in the other lists.

> > The robot stuff came out first for WH40k, and then for SM-1.
> >
> Yes, robots are in RT. RT came out before SM-1. What is your point?

SM-1 used RT(plus the WD 96-116) as source material, with titans added
in from about WD 108

The units/background for SM-1 came from WH40k. WH40k inspired SM-1
so whats relevant in WH40k is relevant in SM-1,SM/TL and E40k.
the same universe, after all.

**
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of
Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

mike
**