[Epic] Harlequin Solitaire

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:00:02 GMT

>Mobile homes are wide enough that they have to have the "Wide Load" signs on
>them while they are being moved. They also can NOT move under their own power
>While you can move one, most people only move them once (from the dealer to the
>trailer park) and that is it.

Yes; in the UK they are called Static Caravans and are still nothing to do
with EPIC - could we evict this thread and get back to more important
matters (Sorry; that sounds a bit harsh. No flame intended). Like why the
officers permitted in Harlequin stands are called Solitaires?

Two points:

a) Solitaires are, by their nature, solitary, and operate alone, not within
Harlequin units.

b) I forget their stats in Codex:Eldar, but in their original format
(WD106), they were easily the most powerful characters in WH40K, so should
be represented by more than the 'Assault' upgrade. I remember facing a
Level 4 psychic Solitaire, in power armour and conversion field, wearing a
flight pack and carrying a heavy plasma gun. And all that was perfectly
legal in that army list, though just a _little_ out of the spirit of the
game (If anyone's interested, I took him out with a stasis grenade, and
didn't play against that opponent again).

I think the 'Assault' upgrade should be available to Harlequins by including
an Exarch-type squad leader, called an 'Avatar' in the original list. Oh.
Hang on. I think an Avatar is something a bit different now ;) Any
suggestions as to what the Harlequin Exarch should be called?

As for the Solitaire, I don't know. Certainly, he/she should be a separate
character within a Harlequin detachment. Perhaps the Solitaire should
appear in the 'command' section of the detachment, but outside the chain of
command. That is, if a detachment includes a Solitaire, it must still also
include a Great Harlequin and/or Shadow Seer as commander; the Solitaire may
not become the detachment commander, even if every other character is killed.

Any suggestions for stats for this version of the Solitaire?

Cheers,

NRT

Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead