Re: [Epic] EPIC40k Rumor (Control)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 19:56:12 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Chad Taylor wrote:

> > >"This is Rumor Control and these are the facts."
> 1) heard that they did away with the order counters, any truth here?

Sorta... you place detachments on special orders if you want (Assault,
Overwatch and March) if you don't place orders you shoot and move as
normal but can't charge and whatnot.

> 2) also heard that they changed the turn sequence so that each side fires
> all of its units at one time (you, then me, like 40k). Possible exception
> for Titans firing out of sequence. Again, any truth in this?

Untrue... although all infantry/vehicles do fire before SHV's and Titans.
The shooting still alternates detachments.

> 3) did they really get rid of the knight armies???

Yes, and Squats.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy