Re: [Epic] Detachment Experience

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:45:01 -0500

Tyler,

> First I have a few questions for those that have used them often.

> Do you find that you end up with an army full of super detachments?

Nope, but a few detachments do survive the fire and become experienced.

> How many detachments max out?

Never had one max out yet.

> How often do you change your detachments and therefor cause them to
> EXP's?

Only common when first starting out. Later changes are rare, IMHO.

> Do you feel that they gain experience ranks too fast?

No, it's about right from what I can tell.

> Do experienced detachments ruin the balance of your games?

No, they add interest - the improvements are enough to help them survive
and do well but hardly guarantee anything. i.e. they do not become
'cheesy' or overly powerful.

> What is your oldest detachment (just age, I'm not really interested in
> its make-up) How long is the longest you've played a campaign (in

'Age'? I guess I have a Space Marine detachment that I made when
Epic40k first came out. In terms of XPs, I think the highest I've
gotten is Crack, close to Elite but never made it. And that's starting
with Space Marines. Haven't used War Engines enough to get any really
far up there, and Bart's gargants kept getting blown up right after they
did anything spectacular so his highest XP detachments were big infantry
and flyboyz.

> Do you find the experience rules too basic?

No - honestly any more would be a pain. The Battle Honors for War
Engines are a good add-on but I haven't gotten high enough in XPs on my
titans to use 'em.

> Do you have any comments or complaints or suggestions?

Yeah, use 'em! Play campaigns! Makes Epic more fun.

Regards,

- Erik