Re: [Epic] The Force Sombre in SM/TL

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 23:41:41 PST

Scott a �crit :

>> Of course they seem cheesy but as each race has the same discount >>
for its
>> titans (in fact it's true for the Imperium, the Eldars and the >> >>
Orks, I
>> don't remember very well for the others)
>
> Hmmm... how convieeeeent, since the other races don't get
>them! (insert smileys here) Well, the tyranids do, but they're
>cheesy to begin with so it's a moot point there.

The other races Chaos and Squats.
Chaos has its special cards and Squats... Well, I don't know enough
Squats to tell you which part of their rules seem to be cheesy.

To be serious, Chaos cards are not as cheesy as Hive Mind cards but they
allow to save those powerful daemons (you know these daemons with 2+
attacks, etc...). In addition, when you consider the Chaos army cards
and units, you can see that Chaos is allowed to use every Imperial type
titan (Warlord, Reavers, Warhounds, Imperator) PLUS special Chaos titans
such as Lords of Battles and Banelords.

Really, I think that the different armies are quite balanced except
Squat armies which can't use Titans with special damage templates (their
war engines are too fragile). Of course I do consider that a mixed army
of Space Marines and Imperial Guards is cheesy (in SM/TL).

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 03/26/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/