RE: [Epic] Re: Pictures (was: pitchers)

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:15:52 -0600 (CST)

>>I admit I dont' much care for the genericizing of some of the units, but I
>>would hardly say all flavor is gone. At least not before I see the
>>game.

>I'm wondering about that, too. Some things I'd like
>simpler, and maybe fire as detachment vs detachment
>will be quicker than model vs model (though I'm not
>sure I understand all I've read, nor know how you
>handle a detachment partly in cover). Does reducing
>things to use the same mechanics mean they've reduced
>the flavor? Don't know.

Just look at the number of Titan weapons. Also, each army now has probably
about 6-7 vehicles and 6-7 infantry on average I heard from Paul Tobias.
The spleenrippa is now a battlewagon. The lungbursta is now a battlewagon.
The bonebreaka is now a battlewagon. The skullcrusha is now a battlewagon.
Get the picture? They _do not_ have these vehicles in 40k, so they make
them all battlewagons, as they are extraneous. (I may have messed up on a
few of those specific vehicles, but I know I'm pretty much on track here)

>I think, though, that they've done more than reduce things
>to the same mechanics. They've eliminated some of
>the variables. Will any tank guns have any effect on
>the number needed to save by a particular unit? Is
>adding FP (adding dice to the pile) the only way a gun
>can be rated?

You can have standard FP weapons, anti tank weapons, and death rays (and a
few others that aren't direct fire if I recall correctly). The standard FP
weapons you're familiar with already. Anti-tank weapons are like current
fixed saving throws, only the other way, as now saving throws are dice caps
on to-hit rolls kinda, so anti-tank weapons are a fixed 4+ hit. Death rays
are buff anti-tank weapons and are a fixed 2+. Both death rays and
anti-tank gets bonusses vs. war machines for causing criticals.

>>Temp

>andy
>andy.skinner_at_...

Mike the disillusioned with GW Liu