[Epic] New Member

From: Chad Matlick <cmatlick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:21:16 -0400

Hi there. My name is Chad Matlick, and this is my second go around on the
Epic Mailing list. I live in Morgantown, WV, and I've been an Epic Player
since 2nd edition.

So far I've been pretty impressed with the latest version of Epic. Since
my friends have built their armies, we've been playing Epic exclusively,
and our only problems have been unfamiliarity with the rules (unlike 40K,
where numerous petty squabbles appear during every game).

I just have a few questions, but if they are covered by an FAQ please let
me know where I can find it. I play Ultramarine, and I've managed to
incorporate rules for Veterans into our gaming circle pretty painlessly;
40 pts/squad, extra point of FP, OW at 3. I'm curious to know what other
variations of tactical veterans are being used.

Also, after having read Andy Chambers rulings, I'm a bit puzzled at how
Titans can be effective units. As I read it, each blast marker they
receive shuts down one super heavy. Since Titans always shoot last, it
appears as though they will always have 2-3 blast markers on them by the
time they shoot, effectively reducing their offensive capabilities by half
or more. Is this ruling in wide use?

Chad Matlick
WISe Network
cmatlick_at_...