Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:14:30 -0500

Andy Skinner wrote:

> Well, Epic turns are longer than 40K turns, so it isn't just one shot.
> Instead of the chance of you hitting a target with this particular shot, it
> is the chance of you reducing the effectiveness of this model or group of
> models on a stand enough to not matter in Epic (whether gone or "absorbed"
> into the effect of other stands).

The problem is: a battlecannon (which counts as 1 FP) can kill a squad
in two or three shots while the lascannon will require at least five. So
you would think that a battle cannon would be better than a lascannon
against infantry. But its not. In fact is a lot worse (16% chance to
kill versus a lascannons 50%). Thats why I think AT shots should count
as 1 FP against infantry, at least putting them on par with
battecannons. This would also address the problem of them begin able to
freely choose their targets (a rule which really has no reason for
existing).