Re: [Epic] 0 firepower

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 15:28:13 +1000

Needle wrote:

> Currently , when calculating a unit's firepower in a firefight , I use
> to ignore units that have a firepower value of 0 , even if these are
> within 15 cm from enemies .

> A friend of mine yesterday told me about an "errata" that says that now
> even those units having 0 firepower , now give 1 point in firefights .

I think he's getting confused with the Close assault rules.

In Firefights, you add all the FP of units within 15cm of the enemy. If
they have 0 FP, they add 0. If they have 4 FP they add 4.

In Close Assaults, you add 1 pt to the assault factor for each unit
within 15cm of the enemy and not in contact (EXCEPTION: Close Assault
units add their full FP). If the units within 15cm and not in contact
have 0 FP, you add 1. If they have 1 FP, they add 1. If they have 2 FP
they still add 1, unless they have close assault capability, in which
case they add 2 (their full FP), and so on.

Example:

2 Chaos Detachments are fighting each other in a Close Combat, all are
within 15cm of the enemy. The first has 3 Flesh Hounds, two of whom are
in contact. The second has 4 cultists, 2 of whom are in contact, a Leman
Russ and a Hellhound Flame Tank, neither in contact.

Assault Factor for the Daemons is 4 for each of the two Flesh Hounds in
Contact, plus 1 for the Flesh hound not in contact, totalling 4+4+1= 9.
The other has 1 for each of the two cultists in contact, plus 1 for each
of the two cultists not in contact, plus 1 for the Leman Russ not in
contact, and 3 for the Hellhound, as it has Close Support ability,
totalling 1+1+1+1++1+3= 8.

Now if they were Firefighting rather than Close Combating....

0 for each of the Daemons 0+0+0 = 0

1 for each of the Chaos Cultists, 3 for the Leman Russ and 3 for the
Hellhound 1+1+1+1+3+3 = 10

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo