Re: [Epic] Another contentious issue

From: Colin Partridge <9404237p_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:29:02 +0000

> Last night I blew the leg off an enemy titan and my oponent pointed out that
> it was entirely possible that the titan was not, in fact, destroyed as we
> had always supposed. Here's his reasoning...
>
> Titan leg damage (6) states: "The leg is blown apart and the titan
> collapses to the ground. Decide which way the titan falls and place it on
> its side lying in that direction. Any vehicles or troop stands fallen on
> are destroyed."
>
> It doesn't actually state that the titan is destroyed.
>
> We (my gaming crowd) have always assumed that the titan is destroyed when it
> falls because that is what happens in the description of the power ram.
>
> However, in the description of vibrocanons shooting titans, it says that the
> vibrocanon can only target the titans legs UNLESS THE TITAN HAS FALLEN in
> which case the vibrocanon can pick any target.
>
> How many of us are in the habit of shooting at destroyed titans?
>
> It's a good point. I have surmised from previous posts on this list that
> the majority of people believe that a titan is destroyed if it "falls" but
> is this really the case?
>
> (Would it be too pushy to ask for "comments please"?)
>
> Agro

Well this IS something that I agree with you on.
Ever since I started playing Epic this point has nagged at me, the
vibro-cannon quote being one of the main reasons for this. In fact
my original assumption was that the Titan wasn't destroyed when it
fell, I'm not sure when or why I changed my mind on this.

The only problem I can think of is working Close-Combat with a titan
on its side, although it would be pretty easy to come up with a
workable solution to this. It would have to be pretty vulnerable
though.

One option I considered was for the titan to take hits down the side
it falls on.

Colin P