Re: [Epic] Titans and Eldar (looooong) (was: Titans and CC)

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 08:42:52 +1000 (EST)

>duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>> Incidentally, what do you have against the spirit host? Is it the "kill the
>> warlock/break the company" thing?
>
>I've always felt the 10cm move of the enitre spirit host always put
>it in an awkward position in relation to the rest of the Eldar army.
>With every other unit capable of 25cm or better movement, the spirit
>host for me was regulated to just mop up action and maybe sentry
>duties around Tempests and Prism Cannons and the like. Also if you
>do use it to assault the enemy, living Eldar must be near each
>detatchment,
>so your slowing down additional troops as well.

Our local Eldar player always used a separate Warlock to command the spirit
host. While the warlock with the spirit host is safely behind the lines, the
scapegoat warlock would give the dreadies and ghost walkers their orders.
The real warlock would be sitting in a falcon surrounded by buddies. The
spirit host never really got broken.

And the spirit host, espcially the dreadies are far better at long range
support then assaulting anyway? Isn't that more their role?
                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "No Spanky, No. Bad monkey"
                email J.Stephensen_at_...