Re: [Epic] Because I like 'em

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 10:01:28 -0600

At 03:01 PM 4/3/97 -0800, you wrote:

>I always go for a theme, or take the units that are fun or neat to play.
>Don't win much but I always have fun. EG when playing Eldar, I always have
>2 units of warphunters.

More power to you.

>Orks, GRETCHIN, they are cheap and crap.

Actually, 4 gretchin stands around a weirdboy tower on ff (because the rest
of the clan is) can fend off a pretty decent close assault with their 4+ to
hit. I once called the Waagh after the ff phase and the four stands I had
beat back 5 stands of blood claws, and I had a Gretchin stnad left at the
end of the turn.

> Imperial, sentinels and lots of them,
>you get the idea, I once played a no save army, I won too, it was a silly
>game...

As long as you have fun. Personally, I like the look on a person's face
when I pull out an all Tzeench army that's really fast and shooty. "What do
you mean you have no Khorne? <later> how did all your troops end up in the
middle of the board? <still later> Well, let's count vps so your daemon
engines can get their bonuses . . . what do you mean you get cards instead
of the bonuses?"

Not the same level, but similar

Temp