Re: [Epic] Commander point values.

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 19:59:14 -0400 (EDT)

ponchoc_at_... (DLIL-Lewiston, Kris) writes:
> The Eldar now have two choices, take a farseer as the detachment HQ, or
> make a unit the HQ for +25 pts.. That is how the example shows it and
> the rules trolls and GWUK agreed with my take on it. Also the SM can
> take a captain as the HQ which costs 25 pts. of upgrade a unit to HQ
> status for +25 pts..

        See, that's where I feel the books are wrong. Since points
values are pretty consistent across armies, there is no real reason
why a SM Captain should be both better and cheaper than a Great
Harlequin. I think someone forgot to add 25 points to the cost of the
SM captain. Currently, there is absolutely no reason not to have one
in every little detachment, since you can always mount him in a
vehicle if he's in a vehicle detachment.

Mark