Re: [Epic][E40k] A few comments on E40k

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 20:18:04 -0400 (EDT)

Jeff Schmidt <jschmidt_at_...> writes:
> >> Personally I would have liked to seen crit charts somewhat like:
> >> 2 : Catastrophic Damage
> >> 3 : Reactor Hit / Deep Wound / Etc.
> >> 4-6 : Weapon Hits
> >> 7 : Glancing Hit / Flesh Wound
> >> 8-10 : Mobility Hits
> >> 11 : Reactor Hit / Deep Wound / Etc.
> >> 12 : Catastrophic Damage

        I still don't see what's wrong with the current critical
tables, for the most part. I understand the part about wanting to
randomize left/right hits, but what is wrong with the average critical
hit doing a few (2-4) extra points of damage, or destroying fragile
units like Super Heavy Tanks? On a rare occasion, you'll get lucky
and only take minor damage, and if you're unlucky, you'll blow up.

        I feel that having the average critical hit be a "glancing
hit" is against the feel of critical hits.

Mark