Re: [Epic] Mycetic spores

From: Robert Lenghaus <lenghaus_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:09:10 +1000 (EST)

SNIP SNIP

> > >PS the new rules for drop pods and mycetic spores are crap I will
> never >ever use them again
>
> Well, snap-fire does make things problematic. Just make sure you don't
> drop them on top of your enemy, I guess. It's still a cheap way of getting
> loads of troops into a general area fast. Plus, since the pods have an
> armor value equal to their occupants, it just means you use tyrants with
> carnifexes if you insist on dropping them anywhere near enemy detachments.
> I haven't tried it out yet, but I still think it is useful.

It is not so much the fact about flak weapons it is the fact that you
cannot control which turn they are going to land on, and BTW has anyone
found the rule explaining just in which phase they arrive I played arrive
at start of movement.

Did you know a tyranid army has zero chance against an all flyer army, I
know only maniacs would do this but having no flak is a big disavantage,
or have I missed something.

Rob L.