RE: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: Peacekeeper-� <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:22:28 -0400

>> My primary oppenent (hi jeff!) plays Eldar and Bugs. If he wants to ge=
>> into a shooting fight with me, great! But since bugs can't shoot and =
CC
>> Faeries in a transport can move 55cm, ignoring terrain, in the assult=
 phase
>> alone..... My main concern is to stop him someplace where I can =
shoot him,
>> thus the screen.

>The eldar transports are skimmers. Can th=
ey skim over the top of
>screening units in the same way they overfly terra=
in? I'd say yes.

>And presumably, jump packs allow them to do the same? I=
t'd be daft that
>a unit of warp spiders can leap tall buildings in a singl=
e bound, but
>can't jump over a stand of tac marines.

>Richard

They can't=
 move past an enemy detachment in the assault phase. They have to move
to=
wards the enemy, not necessarily the nearest enemy, but they cannot move pa=
st one
enemy unit to get to another.

Anyone else see anything a little w=
rong with this? I can sort of understand the logic, but it seems a little '=
gamey' to me. Half the fun of having highly mobile troops is to strike wher=
e the enemy least expects it, to mount sort of lightning raids behind lines=
. One of the things that really gets me about the snap-fire rules is that i=
t stops thing from moving. I wish there was some rule for speeding past the=
 enemy, like if your base speed was 10cm or more than the snap-firers you d=
id not have to stop or something. This would represent troops and tanks dri=
ving through thin spots in the enemy lines to attack vital targets. obvious=
ly moving through a mass of troops would not be a good idea, but that one t=
ac stand wouldn't stop a tank company from going past him.
                                Just a thou=
gh.
                                        -James