Re: [Epic] [E40k] A question...

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 17:39:49 -0400

Richard:

> because LOS is blocked by some terrain? Now reread the rule that you
> quote. Does it say "Skimmers can see over any blocking terrain, but not
> over blocking terrain it is not adjacent to?" No. Further on pg38 "a
> skimmer which has popped up may also be shot at ignoring any intervening
> terrain" - means the same think, IMO. If you pop-up, you can see
> everyone, and everyone can see you.
> Mine is interp #1

Thanks for the reply. When I read the rules, that was my understanding
too. My opponent is a SM/TL player from the old days and he told me that
blocking terrain meant the terrain in front of the skimmer. The specific
instance was a column of his marching down a sunken road. My skimmer would
have had to be about 60 cm up to get a clear shot, and this really burned
him up (it was one of those d6 anti-tank shot engines of vaul). Rather
than have him continue to work himself up, I agreed to his interp. and
decided to go searching on the list for opinions.

You and I agree on the reading of the rule book, but I'm afraid my opponent
stubbornly refuses to play with that interpretation. <sigh> Perhaps you
would like to come to New Jersey for a game? :-) In the meantime, I think
I'll use Temp's suggestion of pre-setting a height (probably 20 or 30cm as
the maximum to which skimmers can rise.

Regards,

- Erik