Re: [Epic] Q&A #1 (And I'm back)

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 16:14:45 -0400 (EDT)

>> Not anymore. Take a Librarian and you're guaranteed to have
>>more psykers than the Eldar. (Strange how that works) Any psyker
>>closer than 45cm to a Land Raider is going to get shot with anti-tank.
>>Farseers at least had some hope of survival.
>>
>> And you're complaining that 35/60 points is expensive for an
>>heroic, psychic, *MARINE*? Sheesh. I'll trade you psykers! The
>>Eldar one must be superior, as the fluff always claims that Eldar
>>aren't completely pathetic in the psyker department, yet their only
>>decent heroic psyker is the Shadow Seer.
>>
>Well, I wasn't really complaining, just stating. I'm not too
>concerned with psychic effects on the game anyway. I do see your
>point, though. However, even with a save psykers will draw fire
>and inevitably die. Eldar at least have "backups" should one get
>fried. The marines don't have the luxury of multiple psykers in
>detachments. That's all I wanted to point out.

I don't think I'll spend much time crying for the eldar either. The orks
only get one heroic psycher with their supreme commander. All the rest
are fodder and they only get one per detatchment (and we pay an extra
point for them on top of all that). Furthermore, all the save means is
that you have to shoot them twice before you kill them (and half the time
they go down on the first shot), and given the rarity of heroic psychers,
it's not much of an advantage.

David