Re: [Epic] Epic Terrain

From: Thomas Lee Denney <seether_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 11:18:49 -0500

At 08:47 PM 5/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Sauron1 writes;What type of terrain do you use foe Epic? We use terrain
>boards,or green felt sheets over flat tables,with styrofoam hills.Then
>coloured felt to indicate rivers,roads,wooded areas and farm fields. Trees
>are usually N gage size trees or multi coloured lichen.Buildings are from N
>gage kits,SM ones from the first four versions or some orriginals.Not many
>orriginals though sorry to say.Playing area can be a 2x8 or up to a 6x12
>depending on table availability at the club. I am building a 4x8 for home
>use.The styrofoam hills are from Pink insolation,paintted with green latex
>house paint.Fine play sand is mixed with white glue and brushed into the
>hills before they dry. The result is a hard surface. Variations in colour
>can be creatted by spraying the hills with browns and green acrilics.How
>about your Terrain? sauron1

I have an 8X4 table, but only because that's all that will fit right now,
I'd like to have a 8x6. I use a green sheet to throw over the it. I have
a bunch of the geo-hex hills and add-ons, which look great on the table-top
(I'm so glad I sold that AD&D stuff). I use the buildings from all
previous games, except those silly ones from Adeptus Titanicus. I've also
scratch built a bunch of ruins, a bridge wide enough for a mounted Warlord
titan to walk across. I use a bunch of distributor caps from cars as power
plants and industrial type buildings. I also have an 8" tall replica of
the Arc da Triumph I painted and covered with moss. I'm also in the
process of building a fortress wall section with battlements to stretch
across the entire table with the arc as the gateway, and a huge graveyard
(3x2) with hills, moslems(sp)and a huge thunderhawk service port kind of
like the AT-AT station on Endor in Return of the Jedi. Only mine has one
central platform with a bunch of smaller ones all around it. I also want
to build a large mountain section with bunkers all over it that can be
pulled away from the terrain so you can put guys inside. It'll have trees,
craters, razor wire, and a waterfall (maybe with real water). What else
can I cover as far as terrain goes? I love building terrain, I get the
biggest kick out of taking a bunch of junk and putting it together with
some glue, paint, and a little flock and making something with it. I wish
I had a scanner, I'd take some photo's of the stuff and post them.

Ravenwing Speeder Motto: Dark Angels don't die, we just go back to the
rock and regroup!

seether_at_...
Ezekiel- Grand Master of Librarians