Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 08:34:07 -0400 (EDT)

Yeah, I didn't phrase that very well. I meant that no matter the armor
value of the units being fired at, they take a hit only on a 6. So, all
units are equal under this rule, but as one of my orc buddies pointed out,
it would still hurt assault armys more than the stand off and fire armys.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune

On Wed, 14 May 1997, David Lado wrote:

> >Um, it's pretty normal to be fired at when you charge into a bunch of guys
> >with guns! I'd like to try a house rule where snap fire is used in the
> >assault phase as well, but doesn't halt the charging units movement
> >(gung-ho momentum, and all). This would mean that the assaulting force
> >would lose ~16 2/3% of their force getting into contact (assuming hits
> >only on a 6). Not at all unrealistic.
>
> Speak fer yersef' Jarhead! ;) That rule will cut down 50% of eldar and
> ork infantry (an alot of chaos stuff), and a whopping 66% of IG troops
> (and gretchin and guardians). Now if you mean that you will make all
> the snap-fire hit on a 6+ (I wasn't sure), that would be a little less
> harsh.
>
> I don't think it's too bad as it is. A well placed unit should have an
> opprtunity to hit almost any unit before it hits, since most charge
> distances are 30 cm or less. If you let your enemy charge from outside
> LOS into close combat, you've probobly made a mistake (back to the
> academy with you, recruit).

Well, jump pack troops are great for this!

> Still, a 6+ shot isn't unreasonable and might even take some emphasis
> off CC.
>
> If you do try it, tell us how it goes.
>
> David

I'll be sure to keep you informed. I have to get up way early Sat morn.,
so will be playing e40K Fri night instead of chasing skirt.