Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- After Review:

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 03:43:43 -0700

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> Personally, I don't like the idea of mega cannons having artillery ability.
> They are tough enough as it is. If you want to fire indirect, then take a
> hvy barrage. Sure you are going to lose some suppression, but I think this
> is reasonable. Barrages were designed to reflect indirect fire, and hvy
> barrage each turn is not horribly less effective than a mega-cannon.

Er... I beg to differ. MegaCannons with Artillery and a huge range
should cost the earth, because they are grossly more effective! Not at
killing things, but at causing Blast Markers. Let's see, 4 Artillery
MegaCannons means 5 automatic Blast Markers (1 for 4 SHWs, and one per
MegaCannon). This means that a unit with 4 of them can, at the beginning
of the turn, prevent any one unit moving or assaulting or overwatching
5/6 of the time. Plus a -5 to Firepower, a probable -2 and certain -1 to
assault etc etc. The casualties are just icing on the cake.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture