RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:40:25 -0500

>----------

don't have an IG Super-Heavy group and artillery company guarded by
Space Wolf blood-claws covering the BA Death Company going in
on T-Hawks to hold until relieved by some Warlord Titans ?
 Keep it up!
(But then, I cringe when mixing different Chaos powers in the same
army and really REALLY wish we had the different Ork clans
back.)
        I do think the orks are shortchanged on some of the noted areas
and I'd like to see some changes, but this whining about the imperials
being GW's favorites is getting old.

 They aren't GW's favorites, they are the PLAYERS' favorites!

        If people played them less (I'm talking 40K here too) they would do
less of them. Look at it this way: Would the game be better if all
marines
were exactly the same? (this is dealing with 40K a lot) NO! It would be
less
 interesting
. I personally think they could do a little more on the "flavor" side
and
less on the "rules" side, but the main advantage is there are more and
different armies in the game this way. 3 marine codexes plus the IG plus
probably at least one more is a lot, but it's what people buy. Maybe
not in your area, but overall it is. Personally, here in D/FW there are
a ton of Eldar and Chaos players, and not that many Wolves, but
I know it's different elsewhere. I'm not going to bitch if they try to
break
up "imperials" or even "marines" into some smaller groups and make
them different from each other. Heck, I'd like to see some more
seperation for Harlequins, the Chaos powers, and the Ork Clans.

Chris Miller