Re: [Epic] HTML mail and reinforcements

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 09:16:26 -0400

> More on topic now ... I've been reading some of the E40K battles
> in White Dwarf and was interested in the way that parts of an army
come in
> at different places and on different turns. What is the deal there,
is it
> something from the rulebooks or a scenario/house rule? Sounds like it
> could bring some interesting aspects to the game.

Which White Dwarf were these battles in? I've only read the Gogard
battles between Andy and Jervis, so this is news to me. As far as such
scenarios go, if you take a look in the battles book there are all
kinds of deployment rules, from flanking forces to planetary assaults
to hidden and entrenched positions. So far I have found all the basic
and historical refight scenario to be a lot of fun, but I was
disappointed in the Fog of War scenarios. There are a lot of good
ideas in the Fog of War section, but the random draw system for the
missions results in some very unsatisfying games, even with playing
best 3 of 5. Anyway, check out the scenarios in the book and I'm sure
you'll find whatever they used.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius