Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Flavour stuff

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 06:34:30 GMT

>Where is the Space Marine Captain? Does he command the
>Veteran/Terminator Company?

captains ? NetEpic do not have an actualcaptain...but I htink the commander
special card is actually a captain

> > IG engineers
> > I am pretty disappointed with these guys. Historically, engineers
>get to use
> > all manner of fancy stuff, stachel charges, funny grenades,
>flamethrowers
> > etc. In netepic they get bolt pistols....how fun

>I like the flammer option, and increasing thier CAF by +1.
>

> > Eldar with heavy weapons:
> > Reduce their attacks to 1 (eldar dont blaze away, they use
>precision fire),
> > let them hit on 4+ and with a -2 save modifier (akin to the flacon
>tanks
> > weapon) This shows how the eldar fire highly accurate laser beams
> > vapourise heavy targets, at the expense of the massive firepower
>laid down
> > by more "primitive" weapon squads
> >

>I've been advocating a change like this for some time. If Weasel and
>I can agree on something, it MUST be good! ;) I WOULD like to see
>them come in units of SIX, however. The -2 save is perhaps a bit
>high, I kind of like it at -1. Would the range stay at 70cm.? I also
>worry about how these units compare to Dark Reapers. Dark Reapers
>and Heavy Guardians need to be made less alike.

The range would be kept at 75 cm.

> > Chaos marines:
> > Give the world eaters of Khorne a +1 CAF, 5+ save to the death
>guard,
> > autopass morale rolls to the emperors children, and 4+ psychic save
>(or
> > immunity) to the thousand sons.
> >

>I don't know about this! Don't these guys already get a Chaos Reward
>Card?

Yes, but reward cards are one off bonuses. A bit weak compared to the
imperial chapters of amriens, which get special units etc.

>Pretty good ideas though! What does everybody else think?
>
>Warprat ;)

Glad you liked it, perhaps we DO agree on more than I used to think :)