Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: What can a Tunneller carry?

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 19:11:54 -0500

Hi!

> Hi Peter!
>
> I also noticed that the Hellbore could be purchased as a Special Card.
> Does this mean I can choose an Assault Company and place my Assaults
> in it?

The special card says it may carry one full company, so yes you are correct
to interpret this way.

> And another thing... In the Tunneller section, it states that Support
> Detachments of a Tunneller Company must be in Tunnellers as well.
> What does this mean? This doesn't include the Commisaar?

It means if you select a hellbore company with tacticals you can only attach
mole support cards or termite support cards, none of these include the
commissar.

> I see that Support Detachments of Termites and Moles must always
> include Tacticals. Maybe I missed it, but the Hellbore as a Special,
> did not include Tacticals.

Correct if you buy it as a special card you have some leeway in what type of
company you may place as long as it is a FULL company. You may not bring it
and mount just one stand or detachment, its a full company or nothing.

> By the letter of the law, (not the spirit, I assume,) I could purchase
> a Hellbore Company (with Tacticals), take a Special of a Hellbore,
> and load my Support Detachments of Ogryns in it. One could even
> argue there might be room for the Commisaar as well.
>
> What about this?

NO, the hellbore MUST carry a company or nothing at all. This is to avoid
using this rare machine to just carry a handfull of powerful troops. The
hellbore is a large transport of companies, thus a whole company card may be
transported. Support cards and other special cards, regardless if they add
up to full company strength may NOT use the hellbore.

Peter