Re: Support Weapons (was Re: [Epic] Squat 40K List)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 04:27:47 -0600

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Actually, the differences in the stats do reflect differences in the
> weapons. The original guard and marine support weapon is, I believe,
> supposed to be the Tarantula, though GW just tossed all the other
> "small" weapons in there with it for simplicity. Then they added a bit
> of variety with the Squat support weapon, presumably the Thudd Gun, and
> (perhaps) more with the tech-guard list. (Not sure on this one.)
>
> Here's my thoughts on each, for E40K:
>
> Weapon Move Range FirePower Assault Armour Notes
> Tarantula 10 45 AT 0 4+
> Rapier 10 30 4 0 4+
> Mole Mortar 10 90 1 0 4+ Artillery
> Thudd Gun 10 45 2 0 4+ Artillery

Not quite what Alan & I came up with for Epic 41K, but damn close
[Epic 41k version of Imperial Support Weapons]
Tarantulas* 10 45 AT 0 4+
Rapier 10 15 3 1 5+ Close Support
Mole Mortar 10 30-90 1 0 4+ Artillery
Thudd Guns*(CJ) 10 45 2 0 4+ Artillery

> While we're at it, how's this for the individual Eldar support weapons,
> per the distinction in WD 214:
>
> Weapon Move Range FirePower Assault Armour Notes
> Scatter Laser 10 30 4 0 4+
> Hvy. Plasma 10 45 2 0 4+
> Las Cannon 10 45 2 0 4+
> D-Cannon 10 45 disrupt 0 4+
> Missile Lnchr 10 45 AT 0 4+
>
> Giving the full power of the D-cannon to a support weapon (at a cost of
> 15 points) seems to be a bit much, which is why I'm thinking it should
> just be disrupt instead. This list also -- finally -- gives the Eldar
> an AT shot. Finally, I know the Hvy. Plasma and Las Cannon are the
> same, but they are pretty similar weapons and I'm trying to keep these
> things at all the same points cost.

Can I swipe this for the Eldar Section of Epic 41K? (i.e. use it on my
web site?)

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus