re:[Epic] Titans and Eldar (looooong) (was: Titans and CC)

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:16:04 -0500

On 17 Mar 97 at 11:57, Cameron Bentsen wrote:
<snip stuff about objective placement>

> In my group we have always thought that the idea of the battle commander
> deciding where the strategically important areas are in a battle (and thus
> being able to unbalance objective placement as described above) is not
> very reasonable. Accordingly, we always determine on which board sections
> the objectives are to be placed randomly, or else just distribute them
> evenly across the board in areas that look like they deserve objectives.

I had thought about this, but it seems to me that, to an extent, having
a commander choose his objectives makes sense. Objectives are rather
abstract. Who knows why one of those areas are important. Maybe one
of them is a focal point of warp energy, which would be worthwhile for
Chaos, but pointless for Squats. However, the enemy gets victory
points for denying the objective to the enemy. Of course, this can be
abused, but it's not completely illogical.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf