Re: [Epic] Artillery (Was: Hmmm... SM or IG?)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:00:39 -0400

Alan Brain wrote:

> IGs Plus
> 1. ARTILLERY. But it's expensive. Very. And requires a lot of skill for
> it to be used to maximum effect. But it CAN repeat CAN be very effective
> indeed in the right hands. It won't be the casualties, it will be the
> disruption at a critical point. In the hands of an expert, it's
> wonderful. But in the hands of someone of greatly lesser ability,
> probably not cost-effective.

        The right hands? OK, so what's the proper way
to use arty in E40k? I've tried using it once or twice
and it seems OK, but not neccessarily worth the points.

        Oh, something I left out of my earlier comments
post - why is heavy barrage better than a normal barrage?
You get the same total FP (unless the game lasts an odd
number of turns), but you can't keep the pressure on enemy
dets constant. ie, one turn you barrage them to hell, the
next turn they escape relatively unscathed. This question
doens't apply to WEs with heavy barrages, of course.

Scott
shupes_at_...