[NetEpic ML] Transport Vehicles

From: Jim Barr <jimebarr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:52:43 -0800

Does anyone actually see transport vehicles used *as transports* in a
game after the first turn ("regular" transports like rhinos,
battlewagons, falcons, not invulnerable wave serpents or termites etc)
? I've usually seen them in use the first turn only (rush up &
disembark) because no one wants their units to just get waxed for free
while repositioning. The few times I've seen it, the casualties have
been horrendous. Sooo.....

How do you feel about changing the "transported units without fixed
saves die automatically" rule to giving the passengers some kind of
bail-out save, like only die on a 1-3 on d6 or such. Allow you to feel
a little more comfortable shuttling troops around in APC's without them
being just 3-for-1 bargains for the enemy. Many of the shots that
"kill" an epic vehicle could reasonably be assumed to not be on the
level of "and then it's a ball of plasma", rather engine destroyed,
treads taken out&wrecks, etc, which could be very survivable for
occupants. I *don't* want microarmor levels of detail for diff types
of hits, but I'd just like to be able to see transports used as
transports within the game...

Jim