Re: [NetEpic ML] Reality Check

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:54:09 -0500

Hi!

<grin> Yes. Pretty much what I was t hinking, when I said that the more we
talked the more convoluted the rules may get. It seems that some favor was
generated by the proposition I made that involved the Warprats and Ed's
ideas.

My question to all of you is that should we apply the 4d6 alone or in
conjunction with increased CAF?

The math goes like this:

10 IG stands and an average of 39 points at their tenth and last stand. The
reaver would average 38. I like this only the last stand has a chance of
50%, much better.

One tactical squad of 6 marines and three rhinos their average after losing
all the rhinos and 3 marine stands is about 38, meaning they get two hits.

Terminator squad of 4 termies and two land raiders. After losing the two
raiders one termie and tieing a second the remaining two inflicts hits.

Although the amount of hits between termies and marines are the same, the
termies did it with less men and have a higher probability to penetrate the
armor. The IG have only a slim chance.

I like these numbers, reduces hits to a smaller number, but still permits
the infantry to hurt the titan.

The only difference between this and that I previously posted is the
increased CAF, all else is the same and uses standard rules. The 4d6 bonus
only applies to units below knight class.

Opinions?

Peter