[Epic] E40K New Rules - Smoke Rounds

From: Joseph Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:45:03 -0500

Ok, I have been talking about "new rules" needed for E40K as a war
game. Smoke rounds, Air Defense rules, and Engineer rules being the
biggest "missing items" IMHO.

Here is my take on Smoke rounds in Epic 40K. Yes these are blind
grenades on heavy drugs...

Smoke rounds in Epic 40K

Any unit with the "Artillery" modifier may be equipped with smoke rounds
at a cost of 5 points per unit
with smoke rounds.

Using smoke rounds:
The firing unit�s detachment must be on "Special" orders.

Smoke rounds must be fired as part of "Preliminary Bombardment".

A unit may only fire one smoke round per firing phase.

Firing the smoke round counts as the units fire for that phase. They do
not get to fire for effect also.

For each smoke round fired place a 6cm circle (a "blast template").

The template block line of site/line of fire for all units, except
flyers. Please note that skimmers line of site IS blocked by smoke
rounds. The smoke is a pillar, not a hemisphere.

If placed on a unit the unit has it�s line of site block, and it is
blocked as well. (i.e. you can�t see it and it can�t see out of the
smoke cloud). You must cover at least 3 figures for infantry units and
2 figures for cavalry units. There is no other effect for placing a
smoke round on a unit.

During the rally phase smoke rounds are removed after Blast Markers are
removed.

To remove a smoke cloud roll on die per cloud. Smoke rounds are removed
on a 4+.