[NetEpic ML] Re: Number of Terminators

From: Warmaster F.I.Z. <cetgi_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 16:30:55 +0200

At 22.22 30/03/00 -0500, you wrote:
>As far as Space Wolves go, I would like the Terminator Great Company to
>be
>limited to 4 in any battle (There's only so many Terminator Suits), and
>the
>cost raised 50pts. I would like to see the Long Fangs reduced 25pts.
>I rarely ever see Long Fangs, because of the cost. This is a pitty,
>because
>they are a revered part of the Space Wolves.
>
>-->Real simple like (fluff wise atleast). No more than 20 stands of
>terminators from any give chapter. IIRC, the fluff states that there are
>approximately 100 terminators per chapter, allowing for in effect 1
>compny of termies. I like the Great Company myself, though I never use
>one. It's rather fluffy, and that's what I really like to see. the
>fluffy stuff making its way into game play. The fluff is what hooked me
>originally, with all them Titans and super-heavies, and tons of IG
>running at the enemy...I loved it then, and still do now.
>
>Josh R
>Minister for General Mayhem
>"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell

Actually having 100 Terminators is a prerogative of the Dark Angels.
Fluff wise you shouldn't have more than 20 stands of *both* Veterans
and Terminators (and Dark Angels shouldn't have Veterans).
It would be interesting having separate armies for every chapter,
taking other chapters as allies...
Now, I don't have idea of what impact this may have on the game...

Be unpredictabe. If your opponent doesn't know what to expect from you,
he won't be able to counter-act poperly.

                                            Tactica F.I.Z.
                                          Book 2, Chapter 6